The 30th edition of the Lake State Golf Classic has been set for Friday, June 14, 2019 at the Wild Bluff Golf Course in Bay Mills, Michigan. The announcement comes following unanimous approval by the LSSU Foundation Board of Directors at their September meeting. The 2019 event will be the first time it is hosted in the Upper Peninsula.
The first outing and several others were held in Gaylord, Michigan followed by Boyne Mountain then the 2017 Classic hosted in Frankenmuth. Last year’s event was held at Tree Tops back in Gaylord.
“We have experimented with some different dates and locations in recent years attempting to generate more interest in the Classic,” said Tom Coates, Executive Director ~ LSSU Foundation. “Recently we have heard from local sponsors and alumni from around the state that Wild Bluff would be an outstanding location.”
The event proceeds are earmarked to the Foundation’s Development Fund and to Laker Athletics, either for the Laker Club or specific teams’ operations.
“The partnership between Laker Athletics and the Foundation with the Classic has expanded in recent years,” stated Coates. “This year we will focus on getting our long-time supporters back while Athletics wants to put a focus on welcoming back our Laker Hockey alumni in support of their program. Wild Bluff is a golf course hockey alums have enjoyed in the past which should be an added attraction for them.”
For more information about sponsorship opportunities call (906) 635-6670 or email Tom Coates, LSSU Foundation executive director. Additional information about the event and registration can be found online.
Discover the South Pacific Wonders
October 2 — October 16, 2018 15 Days - 20 Meals
Come to know Australia’s people at the Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Center.
- Get up close and personal with cuddly koalas and native crocodiles at Hartley’s Croc Farm.
- Take a guided tour of the fascinating Sydney Opera House.
- Board a catamaran for an exciting excursion to the Great Barrier Reef.
- See where the original colonists first settled during a city tour of Sydney.
- Take in the sights during a dinner cruise of Sydney Harbour.
- A New Zealand family welcomes you into their home for dinner!
- Visit a local winery to taste some of their famous wines.